The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

06 April 2012

Oh where, oh where have my training wheels gone?

Oh where or where can they be?

A momentous day in our household -
we are officially out of training wheels. {sniff, sniff}


Dad decided Langston was ready for the two-wheelin' world and away they went, with much encouragement from the older brothers and Mom.


It's at moments like this that I am so thankful I can pass on street running duties because I have laundry to do.  I'm not sure how many miles the Dad of this home has put in on Official-Take-Off-Your-Training-Wheels days, but I know it's been many.  I will gladly snap a few pictures, shout a few words of encouragement and be tired myself just watching them run up and down and up and down and up and down the street.


It's not such a bad job waiting with band-aids and salve in hand for when I'm needed!  But maybe this is why I am still complaining about those 'baby pounds' that just won't go away after this little guy was born. Hmmm. . .

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy Langston! :) I remember my 'no-training-wheels' day! ... And we both have good daddies who ran up and down the street with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of our little Langston. Time passes so quickly, won't be long before it will be the car. Happy Easter. Love gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Langston!! Now you won't have to bring those crooked training wheels to the Toliver Bike Repair Shop, right? :)

    ReplyDelete