The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

23 July 2010

the {impossible} mommy nap

Mom to 4-year old son: "Ry, I'm going to take a nap now so you'll need to play quietly."

{pause}

"Okay."

{pause}

"Should I wake you up if something bad happens?"

Closing my eyes, head on my pillow: "Yes."

{pause}

"What about if there's a fire?"

"Yes." {does this not fit into the 'bad' category?}

{pause}

"Should we call Dad if there's a fire?"

Pretending to sleep, hoping he'll catch the hint: "Yes."

{pause}

"Should we ask him to come home then?"

"Yes." {or now, so he can field these questions and I can get some rest}

{pause}

"Will he have to go back to work after he puts the fire out?"

"Yes." {is he thinking of starting a fire?}

{pause}

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"What about guns?"


Suddenly napping doesn't seem like a good idea any longer.


"Mom?"

"Mom, where are you going?"

"Mom, are you done with your nap already?"

"Yes, Ry. Napping for Mommy could be bad for our family it seems."

I tried!

6 comments:

  1. No one needs naps worse than mommies sometimes, but it often seems like we're the last to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though I could sleep through a fire or gun battle right now. . .

    We have one more kiddo to add the sick-roll as of today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie, I wish I could come and help you. I talked to your mother tonight and she told me about the kids being sick. Poor little Ry, he is trying to take care of you. I pray that everything turns out and you all recover soon. I will call tomorrow. Hope you aren't napping. Love you all~gramma & GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the frustration of not getting a nap. I ache for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hollie. It's been too long since I've stopped over here. Come bring those precious boys out and rest here! Honestly and seriously!! Hope you take me up on it. Endure well friend <3

    ReplyDelete