The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

01 June 2011

The Granpa Project

The boys are so fortunate to have a Granpa who loves projects. Each time he visits us from the Seattle area, he plans something fun to work on with the boys. This latest visit made me especially happy - because they built a beautiful plant stand for our front porch. Anything that has anything to do with plants or gardens makes me smile!




The boys received the blueprints a few months ago and were tasked with scouring the woods for straight-ish branches that had fallen down. Perhaps this was one of the best tasks of the job!



The pile of sticks was pretty much gathered by the time Granpa made it out and they set to work with tools and a few ice cream breaks and built this incredible piece of outdoor furniture.





Now I get the job of filling the shelves with pots and flowers and hoping - hoping - the Nebraska wind doesn't knock the flowers off. Or our pesky cats whom I've found napping in the sun on the shelves!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what you can do with a few sticks,some screws and talented boys.
    Luv Dad/Gbill

    PS.. Hollie, Is your new camera able to take about 20 lb.s of my frame.That would be nice

    ReplyDelete