The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

13 January 2011

My Best Friend's Birthday

The man of our home celebrated a birthday this week. I love to see how his children rally to show how much he is loved and appreciated. . .

Breakfast, compliments of the young men in our home. {With some help from the 8 girls who live in our barn, too!}

After supper at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Mint Brownie Pie compliments of yours truly.



A little bit of Happy Birthday singing. . .


And presents, too, of course. Langston was so excited for Daddy to open up his gift that he kept telling Daddy all day long, "Is it time for you to open your trains yet, Daddy?" Bob did his best to act surprised when it finally was time to open up his trains.

A gift certificate for some serious Lego playing from Tarver and Ryland. Braden gave his Dad a present in the making (it's a palm-sander holder) but since Bob has to be in the workshop to supervise, the surprise element was a bit lacking. I sense a theme here. . .





A new game from Carol and some help unwrapping from Ryland


A funny card from Bob's Mom



And a really funny card from Bill (You could start your own line of Hallmark cards, Dad!)




Some new shoes from the sons to keep their Dad comfortable, warm and safe this winter during work.


With the gifts unwrapped it was finally time to kick back and enjoy dessert.


Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Mr. F! The mint-chocolate pie looks heavenly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Bob!!! I love to see how the boys thought of ideas to make the day special too!

    You have 8 girls who live in your barn? Can you bring them with you when you come visit our Dallas library? :) I could put them to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays are fun. I like to have one at least once a year. I like your new digouts,Bob .... Luv Bill ,.

    ReplyDelete