The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

08 February 2011

It should be. . .

Required reading for all elected officials.

Period.




This economics book is a seriously good read- and a necessary read, in my humble opinion. This is a book on ethics, economics, world history and American history all in one. I cannot recommend it highly enough - please check it out from your local library {and if they don't have it then request they order it in, such as we have.} After reading it, you'll probably want to have it in your own home library and maybe you'll want to send copies to your friends, family and perhaps even your Mayor or Congressman.
We just finished it as a part of our History studies and it was amazing. My 9 and 11-yr olds were bummed when we finished it, it's that good. If they can understand economics, well shouldn't we all?
Whatever Happened to Penny Candy? by Richard J. Maybury

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, totally a great book. I agree! And I'll even admit it...I was sad when I finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book on so many lists!! I just may have to get it for next year! Thanks, Hollie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy said......I have the whole series on my bookshelf if you want to borrow them. Used them with my kids some years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, we loved those books! If only every politician would read even just that book!!!! ~ Anna Curran

    ReplyDelete