The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

14 March 2011

{garden} Season Opener

Spinach - what a beautiful sight to see after a long, cold winter!

I took the advice of a gardening pro and made a fall planting of Spinach, mulched well with straw and let it overwinter. His advice let us enjoy our first salad of Spring this past weekend.

Saturday was a great day to be outside and cleaning up our neglected garden boxes.


In addition to harvesting, we also put in some more spinach seed and mesclun. I am so excited to pick fresh greens daily from our garden. Our onions are starting to stretch and green up after sleeping all winter long.

This is such an exciting time of year with all of the garden planning and dreaming
. . .and pretty rewarding to already be harvesting spinach.


While the boys and I were outside for a bit tending to the gardens, Bob was kind enough to take over timer duty in the kitchen for our cookies. Or bread. Or both. He would have been outside with us, too, except that he sacrificed his Saturday to paint all three of our bathrooms. What a guy!






Is it just me, or does anyone else have a messy Saturday kitchen?






We weren't the only ones busy this weekend - Look at how our little seedlings are busy growing in the 'nursery'.


Spring is such a hopeful word.

1 comment:

  1. The Question about Saturday kitchen being messy, Yes my kitchen is messy but not until I make toast and then things get out of hand.

    luv Dad/GBill

    ReplyDelete