The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

01 March 2011

Home Hair Removal

About every three weeks I line my scraggly bunch up - and start down the line with home hair cuts. Over the years this has saved us thousands of dollars. We added it up about a year ago and estimate we have saved more money than we paid for our van. That's pretty cool!



I'd love to figure the math, but my Monday has run over into my Tuesday and I still haven't finished my morning coffee yet, therefore my brain is on strike. Yeah, one of those days. The basic math problem is this:



$12 x 4 plus $18=( ) x (52/3)= ($) yearly savings



{Is that right, dear?}





She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. . .Prov. 31




{Lining them up}

***

Hair cuts have always been a challenge for me, but I think I am finally getting the hang of it. I have had plenty of practice and opportunities to become proficient! I started cutting Bob's hair when we were newlyweds. . .and I was terrible at it. I was worse than the ship's barber. That's a professional opinion, too, as we were once traveling and were without our clippers so we had to pay for a hair cut. That barber wanted to know if the ship's barber had a German Shepherd or white cane next to his barber's chair.



Ouch.



My sweet husband didn't say a word about me being the one who had butchered his hair. Now that's love.

The benefits of home hair cuts?


  • No appointment necessary

  • Free!

  • Tips are paid in hugs and kisses (though chocolate is appreciated)








  • I get to squeeze these pinchy cheeks!



  • I finally get to 'do' someone's hair (Anyone remember Barbie's salon? I loved playing hairdresser.)





  • Special requests are granted

"Mom, can I have a mohawk? Or can you just shave it all off?"



  • Special requests are also denied at the whim of the hairdresser












  • I get 10-minutes of uninterrupted time with each son to talk about whatever.





  • I get to use my kitchen towels for something other than dishes





  • I get the satisfaction of enjoying clean-cut boys and knowing that I have exercised a principle from Proverbs 31




And teaching my sons the art of self-sufficiency {1Thessalonians 4:11-12}

5 comments:

  1. Yes Dear... assuming every three weeks and a 52-week year. That would be $1144... but the math gets a little more involved for Leap Year, but that will be covered in Advanced Algebra.
    -Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a solid value savings to cut hair at home.Besides,cutting the boy's hair short displays their fine shaped heads. I'm curious, is Bob sporting a Queue? Luv Dad/Gbill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could say that all my haircuts turned out that nice! I mean, all of Itty Bit's haircuts performed by yours truly! :)

    Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, Hollie! Do you hire out? :) John and I alternately cut the boys hair - although I don't think we get quite as straight of results as you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a line up you have!! I cut grampa's hair and sure glad that is all!!!! All the boy's look great.

    ReplyDelete