The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

17 October 2011

Listening to the boys

Let me just start out here with a confession of gratitude - I am so thankful for my God who, in His grace, grabbed hold of my life and who has gently led me, taught me, and disciplined me over these years.  He has given to me wonderful friends and mentors who have poured their life experience into me so that I may follow the godly path that they have blazed.  I'm so thankful that He showed me His desire for me as a wife and mother, to be firmly rooted in my home and branch out from there.  I'm so thankful for the wonderful husband He has given me and the incredible sons with whom He has blessed us.  I'm thankful that He knows best a woman's ministry center is her home - had I not learned this lesson many years ago I may have been in an office this very morning, crunching numbers on a ten-key, and missed out on an ordinary- but precious- conversation.  Reflecting on these beautiful, ordinary moments between my sons and with my sons has filled my heart to overflowing with gratitude for my Lord.  Truly, truly He is the giver of every good and perfect gift. {James 1:17}



Ryland: "Langston, do you feel like God is calling you to be a Pastor when you grow up?"

Langston: "No.  I think He is calling me to be a man."

Ryland: "Oh.  Do you think you'll be able to make any money doing that?"


'. . . and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.' Titus 2:4&5

Thankful to be at home today loving on the most important people in my world.

2 comments:

  1. Great reflection, Hollie! I love your heart for your boys. I am so thankful for the path God has set me on as well! So blessed!!

    Thanks for the sweet reminder - your boys sound like great men-in-training!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and a good reminder to be faithful in the midst of this ordinary but precious life! (and I love it when kids are so unintentionally hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete