The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

06 March 2014

Tidbits from the past few weeks

Here's a sampling of randomness from some ordinary moments around the home the past few weeks.
 
A good friend of ours agreed to mentor the boys in painting for four sessions.
I traded her a grow light for it.
Guess who got the good part of the deal?
 
Anna has gone above and beyond what I was even hoping for and my boys have eagerly completed their homework for the next session, even though it's not due for another seven days.
That's huge.
 
Yay!

If you know Anna, you know what love and attention to detail my boys are receiving from her.
She's wonderful.
 

We've been blessed by some amazing works of art at sunset this last week.  Whenever I see a sight like this my mind always thinks of how the Heavens declare the glory of the Lord.
Amen.

 
Not only did I manage to give four boys haircuts in the last week but my onions needed a trim, too.
Aren't they unruly?  I'm happy to report after their haircut they are standing tall and proud and growing strong again.  AND, we have our first recordable harvest to file under 'onions' for the year.
 
1/20th of a pound.
When one works so hard to provide their own food every single harvest counts.
 
We enjoyed minced baby onion tops over our soup last night.  Divine.
And I only have 999 and 19/20ths pounds to harvest from our garden to reach my goal of 1000#s!
 

 
I've been experimenting with sourdough this winter by catching my own starter and feeding him {it?} faithfully.  He's taken on a personality of his {its?} own on our counter and is affectionately referred to as Mr. Bubbles.  The boys are quite sure I have lost my marbles at this point, but that's okay.  It's good to keep them on their toes and wondering what Mom will do next.

 
Despite being an extremely busy stay-at-home-homeschooling-homesteading-home-doctoring kind of person, I still have time for a slumber party every now and then.  Apparently last night I had a slumber party with Luke Skywalker and Jenga Fett.   A little secret here on boys and love languages- if your little man feels you are worthy to sleep with his favorite Lego minifigs that is just like  receiving a four page love note from said child.  Girls might make a beautiful picture with markers and bubble letters and lots and lots of hearts singing the praises of their mothers...boys will trust you with their most precious Lego pieces and that means the world to them and to me.   It was an honor to wake up and see these guys sparring at my feet at 6 o'clock this morning.  I truly felt loved!

 
Keeping with the Star Wars theme-- which is at epidemic levels in our home right now and please come soon Spring so we can concentrate on bike crashes and hiking in muddy creeks -- I found some Ewok puppets playing in the onions this morning as well.  I was told that our guest room makes the best forest in our home, and it's no wonder because...
 

Tarver-made Ewoks for Ry and Langston
 I am the proud mother of over 500 seedlings right now.
The air quality in our guest room is amazing.
 
 
And with all that typed and saved, I must return to the needs of my family.  A few young men need to be read to this afternoon, there is still vacuuming and laundry to finish up.  Chicken Noodle soup to start for this evening's meal.  Mr. Bubbles to feed and make fresh bread from.  A boy who has sheep to tend to at a farm not near enough to our home.  And a few plants to water, too.
 
By the way, am I the only wondering why I didn't get issued that maid servant at the birth of our first child?  I've always wondered about that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment