The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

21 December 2010

I should be. . .

I should be basking in the sweet, sweet scent of freshly baked gingerbread.

I should be anticipating our annual get together with Chloe and Ellie when we decorate gingerbread houses.

I should be biting my fingernails {as I do each year} and wondering if the icing really will hold the sides and roof pieces together.

Instead, I am contemplating the amazing ability of my almost-3-year old who 'fessed up to letting Francie kitty get into the van yesterday. YESTERDAY.

And finding Francie kitty this morning when Tarver took the trash can down to the curb and politely asked if he could please use the van keys.

The internal battle that happened inside me was more than I could bear. I really didn't want to know why - but as a somewhat responsible parent, I just had to ask.

"Why do you need the keys, Tarver?"

"Francie is locked in the van."

I would be less than honest not to admit that the thought of torching my van instead of going through the unpleasant task of shampooing the interior did cross my mind. A few times.

Somehow, I just couldn't fit baking six gingerbread houses into the schedule today, in light of this new adventure. I hope the girls will forgive me!

1 comment: