The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation
2Samuel 22:47

30 September 2010

how beautiful, the feet. . .

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns."
-Isaiah 52:7

Ryland has been begging to go on his first missions trip for months now. He is four and has a world-sized heart for missions. We came to a compromise, due to his age, that he could begin his missions work in our neighborhood {rather than flying to Papua New Guinea just now}. He wasted no time. While his older brothers were busy doing long-division the other morning, Ryland was assembling and illustrating a notebook to share The Good News of salvation with our neighbors. He drew pictures of Adam and Eve and asked for help in drawing a dinosaur.

"Ry, I don't remember the Bible mentioning a dinosaur in this particular story?"

"Oh, Mom, don't you know? God created everything. Even dinosaurs. I want everyone to know that so I'm drawing a dinosaur."



In the words of The Savior, The Creator of the very ground you are standing on right now:

"Unless you be converted and become as little children you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven." -Matthew 18:3

My children have much to teach their mother. Thankful, humble. When my son comes to your door, will you let him in?

5 comments:

  1. We feel strongly too about giving them a passion and heart for missions while they're young. It's amazing - while reading missionary bios - how many of them had that desire from little on up. So glad you're encouraging your kids in this as well. It will be exciting to see how God leads your boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart. I'd let him in for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My door will always be open for him to enter and I will sit and listen to him. My parents would be so proud of him. I can just see the tears flowing their checks. I love you all. Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear God saying that too, "When my son comes to your door, will you let him in?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweet Ryland for convicting and encouraging me today.

    So wonderful Hollie. What an amazing work, how wonderful to watch as a mama, the Lord finish His work in your children.

    Much love friend.

    ReplyDelete